Dec 29, 2020
Episode Summary: Today we’re going to be
talking about how we can exchange our physical addictions to
food/sugar for spiritual transformations. My guest today is friend,
Wendy Speake, author of The 40-Day Sugar Fast: Where Physical
Detox Meets Spiritual Transformation. Today we’ll explore what
is fasting, why should we consider it, and what are some of the
Quotables from the episode:
- Sugar is a stronghold for many people.
- Unfortunately, no sugar fix can fix you.
- When we stop going from sugar high to sugar high, we turn to
the Most High.
- The goal of fasting is always to lay down that which is
temporary and pick up that which is eternal.
- Let every hunger pain act like church bells calling you to
- Fasting from anything reminds us of what we want to hunger
- When we run to things to satisfy, they hold us back from His
strong hold on us.
- Trust God to do what he’s going to do before he does it. Shout
the victory in advance, obey, and watch what God does with your
- Take out the temptation before tempted.
- The first step, before fasting, seek first the kingdom of
- He will change our health with a diet, but our life with a
- Our desire is to find Christ as the only option.
- When we turn to Him to be our joy and peace, we don’t need the
- Fasting is about turning away from anything that gets between
our relationship with God, and turning back to Him.
- Sometimes you need to go fast in order to slow down.
- The power of fasting is stopping and watching God deliver
- Fasting opens the door for the supernatural work of God.
- Keep in mind, with fasting, this is going to hurt before it
- Fasting isn’t easy—this is just the brand of your hard in this
- As you seek Him first, He’ll transform other areas of your life
as well, bringing renewed hope.
- Psalm 34:8-10 NIV “Taste and see that the Lord
is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord,
you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The Lions
may grow weak and hungry, but those who see the Lord lack no good
- Jonah 2:8 “Those who cling to worthless idols
turn away from God’s love for them.”
- Matthew 6:33 “These things dominate the
thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all
- Joel 2:12 “That is why the Lord says, ‘Turn to
me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with
fasting, weeping, and mourning.’”
- Jeremiah 15:16 “Your words were found, and I
ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my
Social Media Links for Guest and
Connect with Wendy Speake:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s
Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson