May 18, 2023
We are perpetually insecure people. We struggle with self-esteem,
recognize our fallenness, and find that in spite of our sinfulness,
God chooses to use us…if we let Him. God often steps into our lives
and gives us an opportunity to be part of His story. No matter who
you are or what your story is, God’s effective grace can resurrect
your life and point to Jesus. Join me with my guest, Tamar Miller,
for how to receive God’s redeeming grace and live a life that
Quotables from the episode:
- I found myself questioning the goodness and grace of God while
begging Him to change my circumstances.
- There’s nothing you can do to earn God’s grace—it’s a gift to
- Perseverance is key in any spiritual battle.
- No matter who or what you are, God can redeem your life.
- God’s redemptive grace and the timelessness of His goodness
because of Jesus’ finished work on the cross and promise of eternal
- No matter who they are or what their story is, God’s effective
grace has the power to impact and redeem their lives and point
their stories to Christ and His gospel message, just like every
story of the Bible does, similar to biblical women.
- The gospel message of Christ continues to change lives with the
power to restore, reconcile, rescue, redeem, and resurrect, when
all seems lost with no hope, because of God’s faithfulness to His
Word and promises in Christ and displayed in His steadfast love,
transformative grace, and magnificent mercy towards undeserving
- I try to remain honest, transparent, compassionate, but
intentional to encourage them to cling to Christ and remain in a
study of His Word every day.
- God’s ways do not always match our preferences, His purposeful
and redemptive plan is for the sake of His glory and our ultimate
good, even when all looks bleak.
- Read and study God’s Word and be intentional exploring one book
of the Bible at a time. Ask questions, talk about it with other
Christian friends, consider what you are learning about God, and
then determine how the message of God’s Word might have you respond
to your circumstances or relationships.
- God can choose any person He desires as a grace recipient to
display His mercy and love in accordance with His plan of
- We are not promised tomorrow so today is the day to receive
- 1 Corinthians 15:9-11 (HCSB): “For I am the
least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I
persecuted the church of God. But by God’s grace I am what I am,
and His grace toward me was not ineffective. However, I worked more
than any of them, yet not I, but God’s grace that was with me.
Therefore, whether it is I or they, so we proclaim and so you have
- Romans 15:4 (ESV): “For whatever was written
in former days was written for our instruction, that through
endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might
- 1 Peter 4:10-11 (ESV): “As each has
received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of
God’s varied grace…in order that in everything God may be glorified
through Jesus Christ.”
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Tamar Miller:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Tamar is a pastor’s wife of 25 years to a loving and patient
husband, and mom of two wonderfully made teenage sons, one who
lives with special needs. She considers marriage and motherhood her
primary ministries from the Lord and is grateful for God’s
redemptive grace shown to her within these roles.
Her desire is to glorify her heavenly Father, faithfully follow
Jesus her Savior, and consistently study God’s Word. To help with
that, she is thankful for and committed to her local church in SW
Florida, where she’s been a member for the past 20 years. Over the
past 18 years, she has served in Women’s Ministry as a Bible
teacher, ministry leader, and guest speaker at women’s events.
Currently, she also serves part-time on staff at a K-12 Christian
school and enjoys volunteering in their campus library.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson