Nov 3, 2022
Kristine Brown and I talk about learning to trust God,
especially in our decisions. Making decisions is a process, and it
can seem overwhelming at times. Kristine shares what she learned in
order to move from decision fatigue to trusting God with her
Quotables from the episode:
- So often we trust God with the big things in life, when it’s
the little things that seem so hard to trust Him with.
- When my pastor said, “You know God’s got this, right?” I
realized I wasn’t so sure I did. That’s when I realized something
needed to change.
- I wanted to go from saying I trusted God to actively living it
out in my life.
- In order to fully trust God, we have to trade our “what ifs?”
for “living as if!”
- I came to the place where I prayed, “Lord, show me what you
want me to learn through the hard stuff.”
- We struggle to trust God because we want the assurance that
everything will be okay.
- We must make our decisions in good faith to trust that the Holy
Spirit is guiding us.
- The best thing we can do as we learn to trust God more with our
decisions is to make a daily commitment to release control to
- Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV “Trust in the Lord with all
your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your
ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your
- Psalm 73:24 ESV “You guide me with your
counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory.”
- Hebrews 10:23 ESV “Let us hold fast the
confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Kristine Brown:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Kristine Brown is a ministry wife, mom, stepmom, and Mimi. A
former chronic worrier, Kristine loves connecting women today with
women of the Bible and sharing lessons learned through her website,
freelance writing, and speaking to women’s groups. Any given day
you can find her texting her young adult kids, taking a walk
through her neighborhood, or ordering another new book to read. To
connect with Kristine, visit kristinebrown.net.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson