Dec 10, 2020
In this episode, we talk about moving from brokenness to
wholeness, and maintaining our hope in God. A misguided search for
love & acceptance lured Maureen Hager into the life of an
outlaw motorcycle gang. Caught up in a violent gang war, she
sustained two gunshot wounds from M16 rifles. While severely
wounded, this act of violence was the turning point God used to
give her a restored life in Him.
Quotables from the episode:
- If you are experiencing any pain or hardship right now, and
wonder what good could come out of this, you’ve tuned in to the
- Sometimes a grieving heart will lead us to look for love in all
the wrong places.
- When we’ve had a wounding to our heart, we will seek acceptance
from whomever will fill it.
- It’s a universal search we all have: looking for love. But
there is only one true source that will satisfy.
- So often people stay in unhealthy environments and
relationships because they feel trapped.
- I had no idea of the journey ahead, all I know looking back is
that that bullet was my escape from that gang. God saved my
- Often circumstances we find ourselves in is an opportunity for
God to reach into that pit and pull us up to higher ground.
- If you end up in the hospital, you need an advocate!
- When you feel alone, it’s easy to believe the lie that God has
- The biggest lesson I learned was that God did love me, and my
hardened heart started to melt.
- In our places of desperation that is when we become most
willing to listen to God.
- I experienced the God of hope and that made all the difference
in my life.
- When I sought out the gang, I was looking for love and
acceptance but never found it, but when I began going to church I
learned what true love was.
- What the enemy intended to harm me, God has used for my
- God is waiting for you to come to Him. He loves you. The extent
of His love for us is unfathomable. Accepting that He does love us
makes all the difference.
- You are never too broken for God to heal you. Scripture says
Jesus was broken for you and for me. If we were not broken human
beings, we would never have needed a Savior. Jesus came because we
- Your past does not define you.
- Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and
binds up their wounds.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in
Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold,
all things have become new.
- Revelation 12:11a And they overcame him by the
blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.
Social Media Links for Guest and
Connect with Maureen Hager:
Blog / Facebook /
Twitter / Pinterest / LinkedIn
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s
Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
A misguided search for love & acceptance lured Maureen Hager
into the life of an outlaw motorcycle gang. Caught up in a violent
gang war, she sustained two gunshot wounds from M16 rifles. While
severely wounded, this act of violence was the turning point God
used to give her a restored life in Him. Today she lives in western
NC with her husband. They enjoy spending time with their two grown
daughters and their grandchildren.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson