Aug 19, 2021
We have all made mistakes in our life. We’ve all done things we
regret. We’ve all gone through hardships that have hurt and scarred
us in some way. In short, we’ve all gone through brokenness. In
this episode, my guest, Amy Elaine Martinez, and I talk about hope
for moving from brokenness to victorious living. Amy admits to
having grown up in the church, but then having made some
devastating life choices. She shares what her breaking point
was—when she knew something had to change. And she shares a bit of
her journey from brokenness to victorious living and what that
Quotables from the episode:
- We know we are truly broken when we know that what we do breaks
- God brings dead things back to life. With God we can rise up
and move forward from brokenness to victory.
- When we have the transforming power of the Holy Spirit living
inside of us, we have everything we need on the inside to move
forward in victory.
- We must realize we can’t change in our own strength, but God
- Too often we put the burden on ourselves to do things in our
own strength, but Christ wants to be our burden barer.
- Victory comes from intimacy with God.
- Be mindful of what pleases God, and live intentionally. That
leads to victorious living.
- If you think you’re too broken to change, know you can because
of Christ. He is our change agent.
- Psalm 51:17 (MSG) "Going through the motions
doesn’t please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. I
learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered
lives ready for love don’t for a moment escape God’s notice."
- Isaiah 43:18-19 (NLT) “But forget all that—it
is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do
something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will
make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the
- Luke 12:49 (TPT) “I have come to set the earth
on fire, and how I wish it were already ablaze with fiery passion
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
To connect with Amy Elaine Martinez:
Website / Facebook / Instagram /
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Amy Elaine Martinez is an inspirational speaker, radio show
host, and gifted teacher. Her ministry is devoted to helping women
with heart-shattered lives become whole again in Christ. She lives
part time in both beautiful Castle Rock, CO and historic Guthrie,
Married 27 years to the love of her life, David, Amy Elaine is
mom to Gabriel (22) and Sidney (25) and daughter-in-love, Riley.
She’s also a dog mom to an Australian Shepherd, named Maverick.
Her heart’s desire is to see women walk in wholeness and develop
an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Living the victorious
life is one of the major themes of her ministry.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson