Aug 12, 2021
We all experience a wide range of emotions. Emotions in and of
themselves are not bad—they are God given. But some emotions can be
a stumbling block to our relationships, prayer life and our walk
with the Lord. In this episode, my guest, Linda Evans Shepherd, and
I dive a bit deeper into our emotions to share how to use Scripture
to pray through difficult emotions.
Quotables from the episode:
- God created our emotions, and we can turn to him whenever we
are struggling with both the word and with prayer.
- God cares about our emotions—He gave us the fruit of the spirit
which includes love, joy, peace, etc.
- We have to yield our emotions to God and trust Him to see us
- The Word of God is the solution to every problem.
- Praying Scriptures that deal with emotions transform those who
pray them with the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We have to be willing to look for the blessing in the midst of
every trial—there we will find the unexpected miracles.
- Psalm 145:18-19 GWT The Lord is near to
everyone who prays to him, to every faithful person who prays to
him. He fills the needs of those who fear him.
- Psalm 145:18–20 GWT He hears their cries for
help and saves them. The Lord protects everyone who loves him.
- Psalm 16:8 NLT I know the Lord is always with
me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
- Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “For I know the plans I
have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to
harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Job 13:15 NIV “Though he slay me, yet will I
hope in him…”
- 1 Peter 5:7 GW Turn your anxiety over to God
because he cares for you.
- Isaiah 41:10 NIV So do not fear, for I am with
you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you
and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Matthew 6:25-26 ESV Therefore I tell you, do
not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will
drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more
than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of
the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet
your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you of more value than
- Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT Trust in the LORD with all
your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will
in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
To connect with Linda Evans Shepherd:
/ Leading Hearts /
Arise Daily / AWSA / Facebook /
Twitter / Pinterest
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Linda Evans Shepherd is a speaker and bestselling author of over
36 books including Praying Through Your Every Emotion, Praying
God’s Promises, and When You Need to Move a Mountain. She founded
Right to the Heart Ministries, Arise Esther, the Advanced Writers
and Speakers Association, Leading Hearts Magazine, and the Arise
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson