Mar 25, 2021
In this episode, Suzie Eller and I discuss some truths that just
might change everything you thought you knew about joy. I so relate
to my guest today because she has experienced one incredibly
painful trial after another, and yet through it, she has come to
savor the sweet aroma of her Savior walking with her in those
Quotables from the episode:
- After a year of sorrow, I began to search for biblical joy. I
found 6 surprising truths that helped me redefine joy, keep joy,
and live joy.
- Biblical joy isn’t a feeling…it’s a knowing.
- Biblical joy is tied to God’s goodness over our life.
- Joy is consciously walking into God’s love and care.
- We have a choice to make: we can turn away from God or turn to
- While we may not always be able to “choose joy,” we can choose
the SOURCE of our joy.
- We don’t have to limit ourselves to experience either joy or
sorrow, but rather, give ourselves permission to experience joy AND
- God is not disappointed by how we feel. Those feelings are
indicators. He not only created us to feel, but cares about how we
- Know that joy is for you and it’s not tied to your
- John 16:22 NIV Now is your time of grief, but
I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take
away your joy.
- John 15:11 NIV I have told you this so that my
joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
- Romans 8:27-29 MSG He knows us far better than
we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us
present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail
in our lives of love for God isworked into something good. God knew
what he was doing from the very beginning.
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s
Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
About Suzanne Eller:
Suzanne (Suzie) Eller is a bestselling author, Intl. speaker,
and co-host of the popular More Than Small Talk podcast. She has
been featured on numerous TV and radio programs. She lives in NW
Arkansas with her husband Richard, and is mom to her grown children
and “Gaga” to six littles.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson