Mar 11, 2021
This is my birthday week, and in this episode, I wanted to give
back to you, our faithful listener. I share what was the impetus
for my daily social media “Today is a good day…” devotions. With
age often comes wisdom. In this episode, I decided to focus on the
lies that we often believe, and truths from the Bible about our
Quotables from the episode:
- As long as God is still on His throne, today is a good day for
a good day.
- The lies we believe about ourselves limit us from fulfilling
God’s calling for our lives.
- What matters most is knowing what God says about us and
believing that over the lies of the enemy.
- If we weren’t imperfect we wouldn’t need a Savior.
- The worth of something is determined by the price we are
willing to pay for it. Jesus thought we were so worthy that He paid
the price of His life for us.
- There is nothing we can do to earn God’s love.
- Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the
past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have
drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our
transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment
that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My
grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in
weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my
weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
- Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption
through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the
riches of God’s grace.
- Ephesians 1:5 God decided in advance to adopt
us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus
Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God
who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put
you together - spirit, soul, and body - and keep you fit for the
coming of our Master, Jesus Christ.
- Song of Solomon 2:16a My beloved is mine and I
- Ephesians 1:5-6 “having predestined us to
adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good
pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by
which He [a]made us accepted in the Beloved.”
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with
you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you
and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God! He
gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am
fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know
that full well.
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s
Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson