May 14, 2020
- We’ve been in the middle of a special series of podcasts about
defeating anxiety during times of crisis. In this episode, we talk
in depth about the third weapon God gives us to defeat anxiety: a
- When God says He has given us a sound mind to defeat worry,
fear, and anxiety, we can get excited because we have been given
the mind of Christ. Before Jesus started his earthly ministry, the
Holy Spirit led Him into the wilderness for 40 days and nights.
There he was repeatedly tempted by the enemy. It was Jesus’s sound
mind that allowed Him to defeat the enemy and not give in to
temptation. He knew the word of God and He used it to refute the
enemy’s temptation. We too can refute the enemy’s temptation
for worry, fear, and anxiety by using the sound mind God gave us,
coupled with the word of God. Psalm 112:8 tells us, “They are
confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.” With
a sound mind, you are hopeful and confident.
- In this episode, we discuss how we access and use our sound
mind in order to defeat worry, fear, and anxiety in our lives.
Quotables from the episode:
- With a sound mind, you are hopeful and confident.
- Part of using our sound mind to refute worry, fear, and
anxiety, is standing on God’s word.
- Psalm 112:8 tells us, “They are confident and
fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:6 “So be on your guard, not
asleep like the others. Stay alert and be clearheaded.”
Social Media Links for Host:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s
Grip / Order Book Hope Prevails / Website
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson