Nov 10, 2022
Life is busy. There always seems to be more to do than time to
do it. We often miss the special moments because we rush through
life. Resting allows us to savor those moments. If you struggle to
rest effectively so that you can refill and refuel, this episode is
for you! Marci Siether shares the art of how to rest
Quotables from the episode:
- We often miss the special moments because we rush through life.
Resting allows us to savor those moments.
- Resting is often about pacing and prioritizing…like the
difference between sprinting versus running a marathon—those
runners don’t start off at the same pace. We need to pace
ourselves, with moments of rest so we can make it through the
things that must be done.
- If we don’t take time to come to a full rest and refuel, we end
up “bleeding out” on ourselves and those around us.
- Too often we reserve rest and relaxation for vacation because
we feel guilty for resting. But God offers us rest as a gift.
- We need to give ourselves buffer in our lives to create margin,
which reduces our stress when things don’t go as planned.
- We need rest, we deserve rest, and we will be more productive
for taking time to rest.
- Rest is something God set as an example for us from the
beginning. It isn’t something that we HAVE to do..it is something
that refills and refuels us. When we don’t fully rest..it is like
the lesson of the bell ringer.. that knows an unsilenced bell
allows the sound to “bleed’.
- Don’t wait. Put it on the calendar. Take time and MAKE time to
set apart a moment to rest. Rest and peace are often
interchangeable. In a world so desperate for peace..set the pace in
your own heart, with your own family. Whether it is at the cabin on
a lake or on the back porch with a cup of your favorite tea or
coffee. Take time to rest in the Lord today.
- Peace and patience go hand in hand.
- Psalm 62:1-2 NIV “My soul finds rest in God
alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my
salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be
- Matthew 11:28-29 NIV “Come to me, all you who
are weary and burdened, and I will give your rest. Take my yoke
upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.”
- John 14:27 NIV “Peace I leave with you; my
peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not
let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Marci Seither:
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Marci Seither’s writing career began after her humor article was
published in a small-town newspaper over twenty years ago. Since
then, she has authored two books and hundreds of articles for local
papers as well as Guideposts, Focus on the Family, and Clubhouse
Magazine. Her biggest joy, besides being married to John for 37
years and raising six kiddos is spending time with her grandkids in
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson