Sep 22, 2022
Missy Eversole and I talk about how we can be transformed and
not conformed to the world. What does conformity to the world mean?
How can we avoid being conformed to the world? If you’re a people
pleaser, you won’t want to miss her story.
Quotables from the episode:
- The older I get, the more I realize that all I really need is
Jesus. I don’t need to be “Pinterest perfect.” I just need
- No matter how spiritually dry you are, Jesus is waiting for you
with open arms, ready to quench that thirst with the Living Water
that He provides.
- It’s not sustainable to think we can live in a
- Conforming means we are blending in with the world when we are
called to be salt and light.
- When we begin the transformation process, we see small results
- If you have time to scroll on social media, we have time to
read the Bible.
- Romans 12:2 ESV “Do not be conformed to this
world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by
testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and
acceptable and perfect.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV “Trust in the LORD with all
your heart, and do not lean on your understanding. In all your ways
acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV “Therefore, if anyone
is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away;
behold, the new has come.”
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Missy Eversole:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Missy Eversole is a wife, mom of two sons, an author, and a
speaker. She and her husband, Craig, have been married for
twenty-one years and live in Morton, Illinois. Missy shares her
love for digging deep into God’s Word as a contributing writer for
Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies. She is the author of Transformed,
Not Conformed: Embracing a Life-Changing Approach to Spiritual
Habits and writes about her faith and family on her blog, MissyEversole.com.
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson