Aug 4, 2022
Nancy Kay Grace and I talk about how to overcome low self-esteem
with audacious grace that sustains us. Nancy shares where low
self-esteem comes from and how we can overcome and combat it by
taking our thoughts captive. By the grace of God, we can
Quotables from the episode:
- In studying grace, I see that God provides salvation through
grace but also grace for daily life.
- Grace sustains us in all the seasons of life. We are then to be
grace givers to share grace with the hurting world.
- Part of overcoming low self-esteem is learning to rest in His
refuge of his love and peace.
- It’s a gift when we accept God’s gift of peace and realize no
matter what, God is with us.
- I determined to use my faltering tongue to speak for God.
- Low self-esteem is often the result of comparison, the
performance trap, perfectionism, and people pleasing.
- God accepts me as I am, and I can become a new creation.
- All grace starts with God. He makes himself known to us. He
gave us the ultimate gift of grace in Jesus Christ.
- Hope in God is a secure foundation in ever-changing life
- When I struggle with depression, I have to recall God’s
promises of hope and what his word says about my worth.
- To combat low self-esteem, we need to change our view of
ourselves for God’s view of us.
- Learn God’s word so that you can replace negative thinking with
God’s truth. It’s not easy, but through grace, God will help us
take our thoughts captive.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 (NKJV) “God is able to make
all grace abound to you, that you, always having all sufficiency in
all things at all times, may have an abundance for every good
- Psalm 42:5,11 (NIV) “Why, my soul, are you so
downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put you hope in God, for I
will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
- Psalm 139:14 (NIV) “I am fearfully and
wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full
- John 14:27 (NIV) “Peace I leave with you, my
peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not
let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Social Media Links for Guest and Host:
Connect with Nancy Kay Grace:
/ Twitter /
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Today
is Going to be a Good Day / Order
Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Nancy Kay Grace enjoys sharing coffee and conversation. She is a
Bible teacher, speaker, and award-winning author of The Grace
Impact, a devotional about God’s grace in our lives. Nancy is
married to her favorite pastor, and is enjoying the stage of life
with two married children and six precious grandchildren. For
relaxation, Nancy loves hugs from grandchildren, playing piano, and
hiking. Nancy’s blog and GraceNotes newsletter signup are found at
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson