Jun 23, 2022
Bunny Yekzaman and I talk about how to maintain hope while
waiting for the salvation of a loved one. My guest today was a
Christian when she married a Muslim. She was in love and thought it
was her job to save him. She’ll share what transpired and what she
learned through it on today’s episode.
Quotables from the episode:
- There are two ways of praying: in faith or in doubt.
- When praying for our lost loved ones to be saved, we must ask
God in faith without doubt.
- If we pray His will, we have the confidence that He will answer
- We can’t prove God to someone—He proves Himself.
- My love for God kept me in my marriage…not my love for my
- God took my mess and used it to create my message.
- Prove God’s love to your loved ones by loving them regardless
of how they respond to you.
- When I think of and pray for my lost loved ones, I have to
first remember I was once lost.
- 1 John 5: 14-15 “This is the confidence we
have in Him, that, is we ask anything according to His will, He
hears us, and if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we
know that we have the request we have asked of Him.”
- 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His
promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not
wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”
- Philippians chapter 4:6-7 NASB "Be anxious for
nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace
of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts
and your minds in Christ Jesus."
- James 1: 6-7, 19 NASB "But he must ask in
faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf
of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not
to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, 8being a
double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. And my God shall
supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ
- 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 "But to the rest I say,
not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever,
and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her. And a
woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with
her, she must not send her husband away. For the unbelieving
husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is
sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your
children are unclean, but now they are holy. Yet if the unbelieving
one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under
bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. For how do
you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you
know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Bunny Yekzaman
Website / Facebook / Instagram
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Bunny Yekzaman is a child of the King, a wife of 42 years,
mother of 4 & grandmother of 8. She is a disaster relief
chaplain, and works as an Enrichment specialist for a nursing home.
Her passion is sharing God’s love & truth with a faith in His
faithfulness to His promises. She lives with hope for her lost
family and friends and finds it her calling to pray in faith for
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson