Jun 16, 2022
Kristin Clouse and I talk about how to find healing from abuse
and trauma to walk in the fullness of who God created you to be.
Healing from abuse is possible for all through Jesus. We talk about
overcoming shame, breaking the power of secrecy, and more.
Quotables from the episode:
- Healing from abuse is possible for all through
- Nothing of no one is beyond restoration with our
- The love of God and counsel of Godly people helped heal
- Shame often misappropriately dictates our identity, value, and
- What happened to me doesn’t dictate my present or
- I know where I was. I know the despair, brokenness, and
destructive places I came from. Jesus found me, healed me, and set
me back on the path He created me for. I believe this is for every
- It is possible to live a life where no longer our past dictates
our present and our future.
- Ignoring abuse or trauma doesn’t mean pain and resulting issues
go away on their own.
- Challenge your shame-led thoughts with the truth of God’s
- Nothing and no one is beyond the restoration of Jesus. What He
did for me, He can do for you.
- The first step is to bring your story to the light. Find
someone who you trust, who you can share your story
- When we break the power of secrecy off of our lives, healing
can begin, and shame can be broken off of our lives.
- One of the ways we attempt to cope with abuse is by shutting
all the memories and pain away inside of us. We lock them up and
try to ignore them.
- All that energy you use to escape your past, use to fight for
- You are worth fighting for because Jesus died for
- Psalms 23:3 "He restores my soul." (NKJV)
- Psalms 34:18 "The Lord is near to the
brokenhearted. And saves those who are crushed in spirit."
- Psalms 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted and
binds up their wounds." (NJKV)
Social Media Links for Host and Guest:
Connect with Kristin Clouse:
/ Instagram /
For more hope, stay connected with Dr. Bengtson at:
Order Book Breaking Anxiety’s Grip /
Order Book Hope Prevails /
/ Facebook / Twitter (@DrMBengtson)
/ LinkedIn / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube
Kristin Clouse is a speaker, licensed professional clinical
counselor, pastor, published author, podcaster, and life, trauma
and spiritual coach. She is an abuse survivor who helps hurting
individuals find freedom, healing and restoration from trauma,
abuse, and life difficulties by helping them recognize their soul
wounds so they can grow closer in their relationship with Jesus.
She is the author of Healing for our Soul Gardens: Restoration and
Wholeness After Sexual Abuse and contributing author to She Writes
for Him: Stories of Resilient Faith.
God has a purpose for each of us and Kristin is passionate to
see women living out the FULLNESS of who God created them to be.
Kristin can be found at: www.FullyRestored.love
Hosted By: Dr. Michelle Bengtson
Audio Technical Support: Bryce Bengtson